14:15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever. 17 This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, because he abides with you, and he will be in you.18 “I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you. 19 In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. 21 They who have my commandments and keep them are those who love me; and those who love me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them.” NRSV
You will keep my commandment… It is given, if you love God you will keep all the commandments.
• If you treat others they way you want to be treated and put God first in all things, you have kept the whole law.
• If we missed the rapture date, if we love God, nothing else matters.
• Therefore: Don’t focus on the rules, divisions, what you don’t have and what you don’t know or can never know.
Here the Good News: I will not leave you Orphaned.
Traditionally, we think of orphan is a child who has lost both parents.
We live in a society where more children are born to unwed mothers and don’t know their father or if they have met him or know his identity, many never have a relationship. And there are many parents that abuse and neglect their children and would long to be orphaned but do not run for fear, and there are others who do run away. It is alarming that there are more and more orphaned children in our county and around the world.
More specifically to be orphans is to without protective affiliation, deserted, left, forgotten, rejected, give-up, unsponsored, not authorized, nor supported, & isolated
• Jesus Promises us we will never be these things if we love the one who loves us first.
• Trust the one who has entrusted life to each of us.
• THEREFORE: Do what God asks.. Keep the commandments,
not for self sake but for God’s glory.
Leave a Reply